Saturday, October 31, 2015

Why I love Guitar


BandmasterTo most people, the experience of playing guitar, whether for yourself or in front of an audience is a mystery.  For those of us that have this experience we know what we know.

I’ve often said that those of us who have the gift of music should share it with the world. Not everyone has this gift and we should not take it for granted.  This is part of the reason I love playing guitar.

The fegtr3eling of creating something out of nothing.  The feeling of hitting that right note that just sings to you.  the feeling that nothing else exists in that moment but you and a chunk of wood and steel.


IMG_2249I also love the visual aspects of the guitar.  The curves of a strat or Les Paul.  the clean lines of an Explorer.  The wild shapes from companies like B.C. Rich or Jackson.  There is something primal about seeing that six string work of art that makes me want to pick it up and play my heart out. 


I wish I could channel this experience and share it with people who have not yet been able to go down the path of guitar bliss. I wish I could share the emotion, joy, angst, and euphoria that goes with playing guitar. 


I also love the feeling when I’ve created something totally new. Yes, I know nothing is totally original in the music world but when I create something new to me, I feel like a proud parent.

gtr2 copyWith the technology available today I don’t see why more people cant pick up a guitar. YouTube as well as other online outlets and DVD lessons make it easier than ever to learn to play guitar  Guitar Center has offered pretty low prices on entry level guitar packs too.  For around $200 you could get a beginner guitar pack and use the internet to start learning the ways of the six string. 


I’m challenging the internet to go out there and start playing guitar.  Make some noise, jam with some friends, write a song that speaks to you. The world can only be a better place when this happens. Go make some noise!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment